Date:	Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:10:43 +0200
From:	Stefan Richter <stefanr@...6.in-berlin.de>
To:	Martin Steigerwald <Martin@...htvoll.de>
CC:	ck@....kolivas.org, Matthew Hawkins <darthmdh@...il.com>,
	Kasper Sandberg <lkml@...anurb.dk>,
Subject: Reporting bugs (was Re: [ck] Re: Linus 2.6.23-rc1)

Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> There are just about 9000 bugs in the kernel bugtracker and about 150000
> bugs in the KDE bugtracker. Granted KDE bugtracker includes a lot of
> applications, but still I think the number of bug reports in the kernel
> bugtracker is ridicolously low. And I think thats because many users
> don't bother to report bugs upstream for the Linux kernel, not because
> that those bugs aren't there.
>
> I hope that the ck mailing list community will continue to be active and
> possibly try to get swap prefetch and some other goodies of the ck
> patchset into mainline. And I think it would also be a good idea for ck
> mailing list community to report desktop related issues in the kernel
> bugtracker. I think I will take the courage next time I find anything,
> and report it straight there.

A word of caution about bugzilla.kernel.org, to those who don't know
already:  By far not all maintainers and developers use bugzilla.
I don't know for which subsystems it makes sense to file a report in
bugzilla.  I think your best bet is to report at the mailinglists
listed in linux/MAINTAINERS.
--
Stefan Richter