Date:	Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:52:15 +0000 (UTC)
From:	Oleksandr Natalenko <pfactum@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject:  Re: Scheduler Situation

T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 1 - Can someone please explain why the kernel can be modular in every
> other aspect, including offering a choice of IO schedulers, but not
> kernel schedulers?

IMHO, Linus has a grudge against Con, but I can't understand, why. Con has
written nice code, I use it even now, I'm glad to have nice high-interactive
system on desktop. But "a grudge" is not an argument for Linus, it's better not
to make a decision by himself, but to let the community to decide, what is
better - CFS or SD.

Question is not only in CFS vs SD, but in -ck patchset. Linus must remember
that he has lost nice code and nice maintainer, and it's not a right decision.
Linux is a public OS, so let people decide themselves, but not Linus himself.