Date:	Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:19:25 -0400
From:	"J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@...ldses.org>
To:	Willy Tarreau <w@....eu>
Cc:	Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@...ux-foundation.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Documentation files in html format?

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 10:51:17PM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> The problem I have with asciidoc is that it's a nightmare to get it
> to work. It's what GIT uses, and after spending a whole day trying
> to *build* that thing, I finally resigned and asked Junio if he could
> publish the pre-formatted manpages himself, which he agreed to.

I wasn't actually suggesting we use the asciidoc tools--that's a
separate question.  We could ignore them, or wait till they solve
whatever problems they may have.

I was just suggesting that if we took your suggestion of standardizing
on plain text plus some conventions for formatting lists and headers and
such, one easy way to do that might just be to adopt the asciidoc format
(or some subset thereof).  Is there any part of the asciidoc *syntax*
that you object to?

--b.