Date:	Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:52:54 -0400
From:	William Cattey <wdc@....EDU>
To:	Andi Kleen <andi@...stfloor.org>
Cc:	cra@....EDU, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: vm86.c audit_syscall_exit() call trashes registers

The corruption originally looked like a race condition.

Sometimes the EDID buffer would be all zeros.
Sometimes it would contain partial data, and then the rest of the
buffer filled with zeros.
The amount of data transferred into the buffer before going to all
zeros is non-deterministic.

When we put a known value in each byte of the buffer before making
the vm86 call, the known data would always be overwritten either with
EDID data or zeros.

-Bill

----

William Cattey