Date:	Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:04:05 -0700
From:	"Pallipadi, Venkatesh" <venkatesh.pallipadi@...el.com>
To:	"Dave Jones" <davej@...hat.com>, "Andi Kleen" <andi@...stfloor.org>
Cc:	<colin.michael@...nline.de>, <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: [patch] enable userspace cpu core voltage control withacpi-cpufreq

And acpi-cpufreq does not seem to be the place to be doing this. I would
say it should be a new driver or go into speedstep-centrino which has
similar user defined freq voltage values. Ideally a standalone driver so
that users do not get confused with single driver working in different
modes and distributors can choose not to ship it in case where they do
not like the driver tainting the kernel.

Thanks,
Venki