Date:	Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:23:28 -0400
From:	Kyle Moffett <mrmacman_g4@....com>
To:	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...nel.org>
Cc:	Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com>,
	James Corey <ploversegg@...oo.com>,
	Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Rob Sims <lkml-z@...sims.com>, Kyle Rose <krose@...mai.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: sk98lin for 2.6.23-rc1

On Sep 10, 2007, at 11:39:53, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> No, it is obsolete because we have more than one driver for this
> hardware, and the people responsible for network drivers in the
> kernel decided some time ago that sk98lin is the one that is obsolete.

I would like to happily report that the sky2 driver works great in
the NIC on my tablet where the sk98lin and skge drivers both fail
utterly and hang the kernel.  On another system the sk98lin and skge
drivers don't recognize the chipset at all (missing PCI ID?) while
the sky2 driver works perfectly for large quantities of data
transferred.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett