Date:	Sun, 16 Sep 2007 04:12:04 -0400
From:	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>
To:	"J.C. Roberts" <jcroberts@...igntools.org>
CC:	Kyle Moffett <mrmacman_g4@....com>,
	Jason Dixon <jason@...ongroup.net>, misc@...nbsd.org,
	moglen@...twarefreedom.org, lessig_from_web@...ox.com,
	bkuhn@...twarefreedom.org, norwood@...twarefreedom.org,
	fontana@...twarefreedom.org, karen@...twarefreedom.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Wasting our Freedom

J.C. Roberts wrote:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=118857712529898&w=2

Link with outdated info.

> http://madwifi.org/browser/branches/ath5k

Link with outdated info.

> I suggest actually taking the time to get the facts before making
> completely baseless statements. When you make obviously erroneous
> statements, it leaves everyone to believe you are either hopelessly
> misinformed, or a habitual liar. -Which is it?

Please take a moment to understand the Linux development process.

A better place to look would be 'ath5k' branch of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-dev.git

but nonethless, the fact remains that ath5k is STILL NOT UPSTREAM and
HAS NEVER BEEN UPSTREAM, as can be verified from

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
	(official linux repo; nothing is official until it hits here)

Part of the reason why ath5k is not upstream is that developers are
actively addressing these copyright concerns -- as can be clearly seen
by the changes being made over time.

So let's everybody calm down, ok?

Regards,

	Jeff