Date:	Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:27:59 +0300
From:	Mihai Donțu <mihai.dontu@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: 2.6.23-rc7 + radeonfb/s2ram

Hi,

Today, out of curiosity, I pulled 2.6.23-rc7 (leave on the edge in a quiet weekend).
Anyway, it seems that radeonfb and my:
"01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE)"
don't get along anymore, by:
a) X somehow fails to initialize the card and everything moves really slow (I can
   see how surfaces are drawn pixel-by-pixel); furthermore, garbage stuff appears
   on the screen;
b) after powering up from a s2ram, the system freezes;

b) is not that bad, s2ram never worked on my machine (kjournald and some other kernel
processes, enter disk-sleep and in a matter of seconds, everything just... freezes.
I can type a few commands at the normal console but that is all);

Following the advices in 'Documentation/power/s2ram.txt' helped. Using the regular
VGA console got X on the right track (no more slowness);

Now that I got my hands "dirty", I'm in the mood to make my s2ram work (I've
been using Linux (exclusively) for three years now, it's about time I do a small
contribution). What kernel option must I enable to determine why some processes
enter (and stay in) disk-sleep? I'm on a laptop and I don't think it will withstand
too many reboots :)

I've also attached the output of lspci and dmesg. Maybe someone spots something.

Thanks,

--
Mihai Donțu

View attachment "dmesg.txt" of type "text/plain" (28509 bytes)

View attachment "lspci.txt" of type "text/plain" (2043 bytes)