Date:	Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:48:15 -0400
From:	Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com>
To:	lnx-kern@....com
Subject: Re: PROBLEM: Network sky2 Module, kernel version 2.6.23-rc7

ben soo wrote:
> i spoke too soon.  The Gbit interface still dies.  Lasted around 19hrs.
> or so.  i can't tell if there are hardware issues: yesterday a Gbit NIC
> on the firewall died.  Different chip (Realtek), different driver,
> different machine, same segment.  Segment is a mix of 100Mbit and 1Gbit
> machines.
>
> Symptoms of the failure are it just stops functioning with no error
> messages.  ifconfig says there are packets being TX'd and none being
> RX'd.  Interface can't be brought up again.

If you search through my exchanges with Adrian Bunk WRT sk98lin removal,
I mentioned a very similar problem. When I wrote that I had some notes
in front of me, which are now archived and not quickly available.
unloading and reloading the modules didn't fix it, IIRC.

I will be doing an update on the machine in question by the end of the
year, and at that time I will try shy2 again, since I'll be able to do
better testing.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com>