Date:	Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:10:59 +0100 (BST)
From:	veerasena reddy <veerasena_b@...oo.co.in>
To:	Ralf Baechle <ralf@...ux-mips.org>
Cc:	linux-mips <linux-mips@...ux-mips.org>,
	"linux-kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: linux cache routines for Write-back cache policy on  MIPS24KE

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any problem if we use the below API's in
linxu-2.6.18
  - dma_cache_wback_inv()
  - dma_cache_wback()
  - dma_cache_inv()

functionality wise, especially in r4k.c i dont see any
difference between the implementation of these APIs.

Can we apply the 2.6.24 patch to kill these APIs on
2.6.18 kernel? In this case what APIs i can use for
writeback, invalidation or both?

I couldn't find any info. related to the above API in
DMA-API.txt. Could you please give some pointers on
the usage/working of these APIs.

Regards,
Veerasena.

      Save all your chat conversations. Find them online at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php