Date:	Sat, 6 Oct 2007 17:10:52 +0200 (CEST)
From:	Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@....de>
To:	Michael Tokarev <mjt@....msk.ru>
cc:	linux-usb-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net, Greg KH <gregkh@...e.de>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Alan Stern <stern@...land.harvard.edu>, i2c@...sensors.org
Subject: Re: [i2c] Various problems on Axis 700 Lite VIA C7

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Oct 2007, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > That to say - it may be some miscompilations, but may be some probs with
> > hardware itself.  If you can, try to reproduce the same on another board
> > (I just tried to boot 2.6.23-rc5 on this machine, compiled for PIII CPU
> > using gcc-4.1.2 (no other version installed, sorry) - no issues so far).
>
> Hm, well, I could only compile a i686 kernel and Intel chipset with
> "otherwise the same" config with these two compiler options to test...
> Maybe some time. No, I do not have another C7 system.

No, doesn't work. I forgot that on that PC I can only boot with
"acpi=noirq", so, the whole ACPI IRQ-mapping code is not used. Otherwise,
I did build such a kernel for that PC - noticed no problem. So, either the
only two "miscompiled" places were i2c-viapro and acpi irq routing, or
indeed it only triggers problems on C7...

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski