Date:	Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:37:31 -0500
From:	"Nestor A. Diaz" <nestor@...ndalinux.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: RAID 10 w AHCI w NCQ = Spurius  I/O error

Hello Len, thenks for your answer, i need a clarification on wheter it
could be a software or a hardware problem, fortunatelly i have an exact
system, so what i am going to do is to swap the four drives on the first
system to the second system, and with more time i will make the required
tests.

p.d. the machine is debian 4.0 amd64 system.

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> It seems to me that if the kernel says there is an io error explicitly
> on sdd, then I don't think it really should be any fault with the raid
> setup.  My assumption would be that there is a flacky drive, a flacky
> cable, or maybe a flacky port on the controller.

I change the drive and the problem remains, i will check changing the
hard drive cables, to see if that is the problem, the problem has
apperead three times in nearly five months, so what will be your bet ?

--
Nestor A. Diaz
Ingeniero de Sistemas