Date:	Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:12:03 +0400
From:	Alexey Starikovskiy <aystarik@...il.com>
To:	Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@...l.ru>
CC:	linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [2.624-rc1 regression] lost battery information

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> On Friday 26 October 2007, Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
>> Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
>>> I have lost battery in 2.6.24-rc1. Without CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS I have
>>> no /proc/acpi/battery and cannot test netlink interface because right now
>>> there is no consumer of this.
>> for /sysfs interface you need to enable power_supply driver.
>> or you could apply this patch and power_supply will be selected by battery
>> itself.
>>

> I already have power_supply module, battery depends on it and it is autloaded.
> But I fail to see where I can get battery info in /sys
Intent was to put into /sysfs same information:
aystarik@...sung:~/client_conf$ ls /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/
alarm  charge_full  charge_full_design  charge_now  current_now  device  manufacturer  model_name  present  status  subsystem  technology  type  uevent  voltage_min_design  voltage_now

aystarik@...sung:~/client_conf$ cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/*
0
4172000
4300000
4172000
0
cat: /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/device: Is a directory
Pacifi
Bat1
1
Full
cat: /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/subsystem: Is a directory
Li-ion
Battery
PHYSDEVPATH=/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0C0A:00
PHYSDEVBUS=acpi
PHYSDEVDRIVER=battery
POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=BAT1
POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE=Battery
POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Full
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1
POWER_SUPPLY_TECHNOLOGY=Li-ion
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MIN_DESIGN=14800000
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=16522000
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=0
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL_DESIGN=4300000
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL=4172000