Date:	Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:28:35 +0200
From:	Dor Laor <dor.laor@...il.com>
To:	David Brown <dmlb2000@...il.com>
	kvm-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [kvm-devel] 2.6.23.1-rt4 and kvm 48

David Brown wrote:
> Uhm, not sure who to send this too...
>
> I thought I'd try out the realtime patch set and it didn't work at all
> with kvm. The console didn't dump anything and the system completely
> locked up.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get more output on this issue?
>
> It got to the point of bringing up the tap interface and attaching it
> to the bridge but that was about it for the console messages.
>
> Thanks,
> - David Brown

I tried to recreate your problem using 2.6.23-1 and latest rt patch (rt5).
The problem is that the kernel is not stable at all, I can't even
compile the code over vnc -
my connection is constantly lost. So it might not be kvm problem?
Can you try is with -no-kvm and see if it's working - then its just a
regular userspace process.

Anyway if all other things are stable on your end, can you send us
dmesg/strace outputs?
Also try without the good -no-kvm-irqchip.
Regards,
Dor.