Date:	Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:03:17 +0000 (UTC)
From:	cecco <f.cecco77@...cali.it>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject:  Re: r8169:  NFG in 2.6.24-rc2

Mark Lord <lkml <at> rtr.ca> writes:

> My ASUS board has one of these:

>Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B
>PCI Express Gigabit
> With CONFIG_PCI_MSI=y, it also fails, and then isn't even
detected lspci)
> on subsequent reboots.  A power cycle is required to get
>it to show up again.
> Help?

Hello,

I have a asus a6t with RTL8111/8168B
PCI Express Gigabit and I have had a similar
problem.
PCI-MSI-edge seems to break this ethernet card.
My card has stopped to work, I have powered off
my notebook for hours, but I am not been lucky,
because it has showed up only one time and then in
next reboot with kernel  2.6.23 is disappeared again
(in this kernel there is not problem with this
ethernet card ).
I have reflashed bios and  fortunately this card
now works again. contacted one realtek developer,
but he hasn't replied. I am been lucky
to not send my notebook in repairing.

It's very bad !