Date:	Thu, 8 Nov 2007 17:54:17 -0800 (PST)
From:	Christoph Lameter <clameter@....com>
To:	"Zou, Nanhai" <nanhai.zou@...el.com>
cc:	Mel Gorman <mel@...net.ie>, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>, Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>,
	Martin Ebourne <fedora@...urne.me.uk>,
	"Siddha, Suresh B" <suresh.b.siddha@...el.com>,
	Andi Kleen <ak@...e.de>,
	Andy Whitcroft <apw@...dowen.org>
Subject: RE: [Patch] Allocate sparse vmemmap block above 4G

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, Zou, Nanhai wrote:

> > More magic values, both the 4GiB address here and the magic "1" at the
> > end are problems.
> >
> Yes, the 4UL*1024*1024*1024 could be a define here.

The 4GB boundary here is MAX_DMA32_ADDRESS I guess? We are only having
this problem because of the two DMA zones on x86_64. I thought Andi was
getting rid of the first one at 16MB. If he would do so then ZONE_DMA
could be used instead of DMA32 and everything will be fine.

For now you may want to put

#ifdef CONFIG_ZONE_DMA32

around this code since it depends on DMA32.