Date:	Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:50:41 +0100
From:	Clemens Koller <clemens.koller@...gramm.de>
To:	Chris Snook <csnook@...hat.com>
CC:	Florian Boelstler <kernel@...lstler.net>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Strange delays / what usually happens every 10 min?

Chris Snook schrieb:
 > Florian Boelstler wrote:
 >> While running that test driver a delay of about 10ms _exactly_ occurs
 >> every 10 minutes.
 >
 > This is precisely the sort of thing that BIOS/firmware-level SMI
 > handlers do, particularly those that have monitoring or management
 > features.  Try to determine if the kernel is doing anything during this
 > time.  If the entire kernel seems to be frozen, talk to the people who
 > wrote the firmware.

There is no such thing as BIOS on this MPC8540 embedded system.
I guess he is also using some bootloader which just gives full
control to the linux kernel.

Florian:
Check the IP route chache flushes, as Eric mentioned.
I'm working on the MPC854x as well. If you send me your scripts,
I can give them a run here to gather more information.
(I'm about to update my kernels here)

Regards,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices