Date:	Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:49:28 -0500
From:	"Morrison, Tom" <tmorrison@...irix.com>
To:	"Jeff Garzik" <jeff@...zik.org>
Cc:	<linux-ide@...r.kernel.org>, <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: 2.6.23.1 - sata_mv (7042) hang with large file operations

All,

I apologize if this has been discussed - but I haven't been
able to find exactly what I am looking for in the discussions
the last few weeks...

I am running Linux 2.6.23.1 and have a 7042 SATA driver running
(that seems to run very well) - it has the fixes talked about
between Jeff & Olaf (mv_sg_fill changes)....

The problem comes ONLY when I am doing large file operations
(e.g.: just copying a file) to/from the SATA drives behind
the subject line 7042....it just hangs after about 10-15
seconds into the copy...

How large a file causes the hang - you ask - well, somewhere
between 100Meg & 500Meg...

In all other respects - this driver seems to be working...

Is there a known problem - or do I need to describe in more
detail?

Thanks in advance for any / all ideas / questions /...etc

Tom Morrison
Principal S/W Engineer
Empirix, Inc (www.empirix.com)
tmorrison@...irix.com