Date:	Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:58:33 -0600
From:	Felipe Balbi <me@...ipebalbi.com>
To:	Markus Rechberger <mrechberger@...il.com>
Cc:	Oliver Neukum <oliver@...kum.org>, Mark Lord <lkml@....ca>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-usb-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net,
	Laurent Pinchart <laurentp@...-semaphore.com>
Subject: Re: USB deadlock after resume

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:42:43 +0100, "Markus Rechberger"
<mrechberger@...il.com> wrote:
> On 11/21/07, Markus Rechberger <mrechberger@...il.com> wrote:

> resuming my

> is
>> > that?

> usb
> storage
>> >
>> > Which URB is usb_kill_urb() called for?
>> >

>> it's the usb_control_message which calls usb_kill_urb if I haven't got
>> it wrong. (if you're looking for some other information please let me
>> know)
>> Although, I got a bit further with it. The error seems to happen
>> earlier already.
>> If I load the driver, and do not access the device after suspending
>> all usb_control commands fail with -71 eproto.
>>
>> Reloading the driver doesn't help at tht point, only reconnecting the
>> device does.
>>
>> The data is transfered using bulk transfer.
>>

> Do you know any good way for performing a softreset within the driver?
> The video application should get a continuous datastream after
> resuming the notebook, so the driver shouldn't be unloaded.
> The driver also keeps a list of previous camera settings which should
> be set up again after resuming. Stopping the video application and
> reattaching the device using ACPI (this board supports reconnecting
> the device using ACPI) should be avoided.

When you suspend, you cut off vbus (afaik, correct me if I'm wrong), which
means your device will get disconnected. One way to avoid this is enabling
CONFIG_USB_PERSIST and trying with that on.

You should also disable auto_suspend for this device. It won't work ok
after
that probably.

> Markus
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
in
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi
http://felipebalbi.com