Date:	Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:29:55 +0000
From:	Luciano Rocha <luciano@...otux.com>
To:	Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@...il.com>
Cc:	ldm@...tcap.org, ntfs-3g-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	linux-ntfs-dev@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: ldminfo compilation

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 04:57:39PM +0200, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> On 12/12/07, Luciano Rocha <luciano@...otux.com> wrote:
> > Those are for the kernel module setting the partition tables. If you're
> > only interested in the ldminfo utility:
> > make -C ldmutil CPP='g++ -static'
> >
> > Substitute g++ for the C++ compiler you want to use.
>
> Hi!
> Thank you for your reply!
>
> I don't really understand how to use the output of ldmutil in order to
> do the dmsetup... All the instructions are for ldminfo...

Ah, sorry. Somehow I got the impression that the ldmutil directory
included the ldminfo binary. I'll see if I can compile the ldminfo
statically in an older system I have.

> And the C++ dependency does not work well with uclibc... I tried to
> compile this using uclibc++, but the exception handling of uclibc++ is
> broken for some strange reason... And I don't wish to introduce the
> overhead of the C++ libraries to my system...
>
> If ldmutil contain all the information, I will backport this to C and
> be happy... :)
> Can you please tell me how you use the output of this utility to merge
> a spanned partition on two separate disks?

I don't have a Windows dynamic disk, so I can't imagine out to convert
the output for dmsetup. Do you have a sample output?

--
Luciano Rocha <luciano@...otux.com>
Eurotux Informática, S.A. <http://www.eurotux.com/>