Date:	Fri, 14 Dec 2007 01:00:08 +0200 (EET)
From:	"Ilpo Järvinen" <ilpo.jarvinen@...sinki.fi>
To:	Cedric Le Goater <clg@...ibm.com>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
cc:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: 2.6.24-rc4-mm1 - BUG in tcp_fragment

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Cedric Le Goater wrote:

> I got this one while compiling on NFS.
>
> C.
>
> kernel BUG at /home/legoater/linux/2.6.24-rc4-mm1/include/net/tcp.h:1480!

I'm not exactly sure what patches you have applied and which patches are
not, with rc4-mm1 there are two patches (first one was incomplete, I
assume you had at least that one based on your other mail) to really fix
the issues in (__|)tcp_reset_fack_counts(...). However, there seems to be
so much breakage that I have a bit trouble to decide where to start...
The situation seems bit scary :-).

So, I might soon prepare a revert patch for most of the questionable
TCP parts and ask Dave to apply it (and drop them fully during next
rebase) unless I suddently figure something out soon which explains
all/most of the problems, then return to drawing board. ...As it seems
that the cumulative ACK processing problem discovered later on (having
rather cumbersome solution with skbs only) will make part of the work
that's currently in net-2.6.25 quite useless/duplicate effort. But thanks
anyway for reporting these.

--
 i.