Date:	Mon, 24 Dec 2007 00:09:40 +0000
From:	Carlos Corbacho <carlos@...angeworlds.co.uk>
To:	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...nel.org>
Cc:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Greg KH <gregkh@...e.de>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Len Brown <lenb@...nel.org>,
Subject: Re: x86: Increase PCIBIOS_MIN_IO to 0x1500 to fix nForce 4 suspend-to-RAM

On Sunday 23 December 2007 23:12:47 H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> >>
> >> There is absolutely *no* way I will apply this in an -rc6 release.
> >>
> This is totally the wrong way to go about it.

Please disregard the patch anyway - my test system was still using the custom
DSDT - it doesn't fix anything.

Regardless, Linus' patch in question (in combination with Rafael's suspend
reordering work) still broke suspend, and the port 0x142E write is still the
offender, so something is still not playing nice - I'm just now at a complete
loss as to what.

(PNPACPI came to mind as a suspect, but even with that disabled, this board/
chipset still wedges on suspend).

-Carlos
--
E-Mail: carlos@...angeworlds.co.uk