Date:	Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:07:37 -0800
From:	"Masoud Sharbiani \"مسعود شربیانی\""
	<masouds@...oud.ir>
To:	"Tuomo Valkonen" <tuomov@....fi>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: The ext3 way of journalling

On 1/8/08, Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@....fi> wrote:
> On 2008-01-08, Andre Noll <maan@...temlinux.org> wrote:
> > Use tune2fs to deactivate checking.
>
> So, a workaround is the answer to a clear bug. Typical FOSS.

It isn't a bug. It is a feature; Think about silent corruption that
may damage your filesystem; Only an FSCK can see how much of damage is
done and fix it. Journaling will help you to a degree, but not all the
way.

> > Modify the init scripts or use another distro.
>
> Another typical FOSS answer. "You have the source, you can fix it."
> With what time?

heh, the way I look at it, you either have the time, or money. Use one
and get rid of your problem. If you have them and aren't willing to
commit to fix your problem, maybe your problem isn't important enough
to you. If you have no time and no money, ranting here doesn't help
you either.

cheers,
Masoud