Date:	Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:28:26 +0100
From:	"Oliver Pinter (Pintér Olivér)"
	<oliver.pntr@...il.com>
To:	"Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <jeremy@...p.org>
Cc:	"Adrian Bunk" <bunk@...nel.org>,
	"David Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>, "Greg KH" <gregkh@...e.de>,
	"Greg KH" <greg@...ah.com>,
	"Linus Torvalds" <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	"Linux Kernel" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Andrew Morton" <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	"Randy Dunlap" <randy.dunlap@...cle.com>,
	"Al Viro" <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk>,
	"Arnd Bergmann" <arnd@...db.de>
Subject: Re: Add common orderly_poweroff() to 2.6.22?

On 1/24/08, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@...p.org> wrote:
> Oliver Pinter (Pintér Olivér) wrote:

> >> Is there a compelling reason?
> >>

> > no, but in forum some person have the question, why the kernel call
> > userspace program and it is secure or not...
> >

> Ah, my non-existent knowledge of Hungarian wasn't up to interpreting
> that page ;)
>
> It should be secure if done properly.  Of course, if you set the
> "poweroff" executable to something untrustworthy then you'll have a
> problem, but there's no inherent security problem there.  And if you
> want to do an orderly shutdown, you need to have some amount of help
> from the userspace side of things, and invoking a command is the normal
> way to do this.

yes, i know this

the original topic name is : why linux kernel crap ...

the substance is, when from kernel call users-pace program, then come
up more problems with security...
when the fs crash out or the userspace code is breaked, then the
system not shuting down ..

and when it is only code duplication cleanup, then is unneaded for
2.6.22, thanks and, sorry for bad spelling.
--
Thanks,
Oliver (pinyo_villany)