Date:	Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:13:28 +0100
From:	skorpio <d.capitella@....it>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Analisys of CFS (Completely Fair Scheduler)

Hi there!
I'm a student of Computer Science at the University "La Sapienza" in
Rome. As a student of Operating Systems I was particularly impressed by
the last scheduler introduced into Linux 2.6.23, CFS.

I've read a bit of documentation on-line but yet I can't find a complete
analisys of the algorithm it uses. Can you point out some good
documentation?

Before studying the source code, I'd like to understand pretty clearly
how it works and be able to simulate its behaviour on paper.

Thanks in advance, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this
question; if it's not, please forgeve me.

Donato Capitella (alias scorpio2002)

p.s.: please, replay to my e-mail address as I'm not subscribed to the
list.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)