Date:	Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:59:44 +0100
From:	"Markus Rechberger" <markus.rechberger@....com>
To:	Matt_Domsch@...l.com,
	"Jos?? Luis Tall??n" <jltallon@...-solutions.net>,
	Douglas_Warzecha@...l.com, Abhay_Salunke@...l.com,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, matt_domsch@...l.com,
	"Michael E Brown" <Michael_E_Brown@...l.com>,
	"Greg KH" <gregkh@...e.de>, "Jean Delvare" <khali@...ux-fr.org>
Subject: Re: FW: 2.6.24 breaks BIOS updates on all Dell machines

Matt_Domsch@...l.com wrote:
> Markus, I see you were accidentally left off the cc: list on this bug.
> The change was yours, so I suspect you'll have an opinion to share with
> LKML.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
> --
> Matt Domsch
> Linux Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO
> linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux

Hi Greg,

reverting this breaks support for several media (DVB/V4L) devices. I
would have to look up some bugreports the same name collision happened
with several different drivers.
There was a comment in the fw code to watch out for name collisions
earlier already, so it needs a fix somewhere.

Here's some history:
http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php5/Bugtracker#i2c_dev_problem

Markus