Date:	Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:56:02 +0100
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
To:	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...nel.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
Subject: Re: [2.6 patch] unexport touch_all_softlockup_watchdogs

* Adrian Bunk <bunk@...nel.org> wrote:

> This patch removes the unused
> EXPORT_SYMBOL(touch_all_softlockup_watchdogs).

NACK. Please use your brain Adrian, this is part of an API vector.
Another similarly bogus patch you did is:

   http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/1/31/376

Either we unexport all of them, or none of them. Or we remove all
aspects of an individual API call, or no aspects of it. You are sending
export removal patches without apparently checking their contexts. This
is the fourth bogus patch of yours that i've come across within a 24
hour timeframe. Yes, sometimes unused symbol exports should be removed
because they are just silly or unnecessary, but not all the time.

Same goes for your 'static' keyword patches. We should do it like the
spelling fixes: send _one_ large 'add static' patch near the end of the
release and we'll commit it without asking. Currently you are wasting a
little bit from many people's time, by getting these tiny little "remove
static" patches into every tree, every month, all the time. It's an
utterly wasteful way to spend our time.

Perhaps you might want to spend some of your time to write some new,
useful Linux kernel code and start maintaining it for a change, so that
you can get the feel for the real problems and real issues that the
Linux kernel is facing these days. Hint: it's not the extra exports and
it's not the 'static' markers, and it's not the dead code either that
you are removing so eagerly. You are not a newbie anymore.

	Ingo