Date:	Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:28:40 -0500
From:	David Cullen <dcullen7@...neldriver.org>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [git pull] x86 arch updates for v2.6.25

Dear Kernel Maintainers,

I am with Phil Oester and Andrew Morton when it comes to getting
kgdb into the mainline kernel.  I _am_ a full time developer, and
when I have to work with Linux kernel code, kgdb makes things a lot
easier.  I work on many different platforms, with many different
operating systems, and there just is not enough time in the day to
learn every line of every version of the kernel.  kgdb allows me to
get in, see what I need, and get out.

That being said, if kgdb _does_ become mainline, and people are able
to get more visibility into how the kernel works in real time, you
will probably see more exploits.  This may be the secret reason for
reluctance by the powers on high.

CC me if you want me to see your reply as I am not on the list.

--
Thank you,
David Cullen