Date:	Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:29:31 +0800
From:	"Jeff Chua" <jeff.chua.linux@...il.com>
To:	"Jesse Barnes" <jesse.barnes@...el.com>
Cc:	"Linus Torvalds" <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Dave Airlie" <airlied@...ux.ie>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>, linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org,
	"suspend-devel List" <suspend-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>,
	"Greg KH" <gregkh@...e.de>
Subject: Re: 2.6.25-rc2 System no longer powers off after suspend-to-disk. Screen becomes green.

On Feb 21, 2008 1:50 AM, Jesse Barnes <jesse.barnes@...el.com> wrote:
> > I would like to know what they're for.
> They're for saving and restoring GPU state across suspend/resume.  They're
> particularly useful if your machine doesn't re-POST at resume time.  In that
> case your GPU may be totally uninitialized, so either the kernel or X has to
> set it up for you (X only does that partially).

Ok. A lot to digest.

> Interesting, which chipset do you have?  AFAIK that shouldn't cause a hang.

(II) intel(0): Integrated Graphics Chipset: Intel(R) 945GM

> I know I fixed that problem in at least one configuration...  Can you try:
>   # echo test > /sys/power/disk
>   # echo disk > /sys/power/state
> and see if that also turns your screen green?

Yes, still green. But I got it to actual reboot with ...

echo reboot > /sys/power/disk

So, next I'll try "shutdown" to see if it work. I was using "platform".

> Also, getting a GPU register dump would be helpful.  The intel_reg_dumper tool

Attached are the two dumps from console. One prior to suspend, and one
after resume.

Thanks,
Jeff.

View attachment "prior.txt" of type "text/plain" (8584 bytes)

View attachment "after.txt" of type "text/plain" (8602 bytes)