Date:	Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:58:56 +1100
From:	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
To:	linux-net@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: linux-net: no next-20080221 tree

Hi all,

I have *not* released a new tree today (If you want to see why, have a
look at the left most column of
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/branch/9).  This was caused my me
removing one of Greg KH's patches because it did not apply due to an
inadequacy in my procedures.

Basically, I have three quilt series from Greg and one of the patches in
the second one depends on something in the first series.  The BASE tag we
have implemented for series files was supposed to point to the place in
Linus' tree where the series should apply cleanly.  This (obviously)
turns out to be inadequate.  So we have a new tag NEXT_BASE which may
name another git tree/quilt series that is also included in the
linux-next tree.  This is most useful for those who have supplied more
than one series but may be used between consenting adults who trust each
other to keep their trees/series consistent enough.  Unfortunately this
will introduce a loose ordering between trees/series, but I think it will
be manageable.  I don't expect it to be used very much.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@...b.auug.org.au