Date:	Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:11:12 +0100
From:	Benoît Dejean <benoit@...cenet.org>
To:	"Tvrtko A. Ursulin" <tvrtko@...ulin.net>
Cc:	Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@...putergmbh.de>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, mingo@...hat.com, tglx@...utronix.de
Subject: Re: One minute delay when booting 2.6.24.1

Le mardi 12 février 2008 à 08:33 +0000, Tvrtko A. Ursulin a écrit :
> On Saturday 09 February 2008 22:01:44 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> > On Feb 9 2008 13:29, Tvrtko A. Ursulin wrote:
> > >Hi all,
> > >
> > >As the subject says I get ~1 minute delay when booting 2.6.24.1
> > >pretty reliably. It is possible it is not new to 2.6.24.1 but I
> > >can't tell due recent hardware changes.
> > >
> > >dmesg excerpt where it happens looks like this (full one attached):
> >
> > Do you really experience a 1 minute wait, or is this perhaps
> > just the clock skipping?
>
> This seemed to slipped everyone's attention so I took the liberty of copying a
> couple of you guys. I don't know better than to guess it could something to
> do with timers or scheduling so apologies if you are not the right people.
>
> As said in my previous reply it is a real ~60 second delay early in the boot
> process with some logs attached in my initial report.

Hello,

I've already reported the same issue.
With 2.6.24, udevsettle seems to be the culprit.
Anyone can please confirm ?
Thanks.

--
Benoît Dejean
GNOME http://www.gnomefr.org/

Download attachment "bootchart.svgz" of type "image/svg+xml-compressed" (22514 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)