Date:	Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:13:05 +0100 (CET)
From:	Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@....de>
To:	Tejun Heo <htejun@...il.com>
cc:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>, linux-ide@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Unknown SATA PIIX PCI device ID 0x29b6

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Tejun Heo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > Well, I am not sure, whether it helps, tried booting with both 1.5Gbps and
> > this patch, it recovers now within 30 sec in both cold- and hot-plug
> > cases. To really state, that it has improved from about 55 sec down to 30
> > sec one would need more testing. Is this the kind of improvement you
> > expected?
>
> Not really.  :-P
>
> > Can it be, that with this hardware it just cannot get better?
> > Remember, the disk is an external eSATA enclosure with a (relatively new)
> > PATA disk inside.
>
> Can you try out a shorter cable?  I had a lot of troubles with eSATA +
> long cable + PMP combinations.  Using shorter cable usually solves the
> problem for me.

Well, this cable is only about 50cm long, or even shorter, and using a
shorter one would be difficult there, even if I manage to get hold of one.
But, in principle, if this is not a generic ahci problem that needs to be
solved, I personally can somehow live with it. Having to wait 1 minute is
not very nice, but so far not critical.

Thanks for your help
Guennadi
---