Date:	Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:03:41 +0100 (CET)
From:	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
To:	"Renato S. Yamane" <renatoyamane@...dic.com.br>
cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, alan-jenkins@...fmail.co.uk,
	devzero@....de, mingo@...e.hu
Subject: Re: Kernel Linux 2.6.23.16 hangs when run updatedb

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Renato S. Yamane wrote:
> > Renato, some questions:
> > 1) is this fully reproducible with updatedb ?
>
> Yes, this crash is fully reproducible.
> All time wich I turn-on my laptopt I need kill find daemon in my Debian Etch.
> If I don't do that, my laptop hangs.

Good. Not for you, but for isolating the bug. :)

> > 2) are you sure that this is the first stacktrace you captured, there
> > might be some BUG before that which scrolled out of sight. Any chance
> > to use a serial console?
>
> I can't use scroll, because none key/mouse work after crash.
> And, sorry I can't use a serial console. Any other idea?

netconsole might work. Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt

> > 3) Can you please recompile the kernel with CONFIF_DEBUG_INFO set
> > and then run the following addresses from the backtrace through
> > addr2line with the new vmlinux:
> > # addr2line -e vmlinux 0xc013dad9 0xc0107c3b
>
> Yes, I try compile 2.6.24.3 without any patch.

Ok. If the problem persists, you might try 2.6.25-rc5 as well. I have
timer debugging infrastructure for the latter, which I want to avoid
to backport to .23/24 :)

Does it happen with straight 2.6.23.16 as well ?

> > 4) Looking at your .config it seems you have some more patches applied
> > aside of the .16 stable. Can you please upload a full patch queue
> > somewhere ?
>
> I attached all patchs used in my 2.6.23.16.

Hmm, I can't see an obvious candidate.

Thanks,

	tglx