Date:	Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:13:07 -0300
From:	Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@....eng.br>
To:	Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@....muni.cz>
Cc:	Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm@...en.pl>,
	Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@...cle.com>,
	Alexey Starikovskiy <aystarik@...il.com>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	ACPI Devel Maling List <linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org>,
	Len Brown <lenb@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: 2.6.25-rc2 Regression Thinkpad acpi

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 07:52:41PM +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > I'm also seeing regression on my thinkpad z60m where with git tree (tested
> > again with 2 days old git) "thinkvantage" button stopped working (pressing it
> > was previously seen by some userspace kde which run konsole).
> >
> > On 2.6.24 presses are seen.
>
> well, on 2.6.25-rc4, some keys are not reported as input (xev does not see any
> key press), some keys are. Is this desired? Or all the keys (fn+f1-12 + volume
> + backlight + think vantage) should be reported as some input event and thus
> acpid makes no sense any more?

xev has to get events from somewhere.  That somewhere happens to be a buggy
mess right now (X.org evdev device).  Or it is getting it through some other
middleware, like HAL, which can have its own problems.

If you want to test thinkpad-acpi functionality, get HAL and X.org out of
the way.  The easiest way is to do it in single user mode.

  Henrique Holschuh