Date:	Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:58:54 +0200
From:	Stefan Richter <stefanr@...6.in-berlin.de>
To:	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
CC:	Martin Michlmayr <tbm@...ius.com>,
	Jarod Wilson <jwilson@...hat.com>,
	linux1394-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...hat.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>
Subject: Re: nobody cared about IRQ 19 (firewire, on a HP 2510p notebook)

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de> [2008-03-31 12:19]:
>> >
>> > Its also known to work with the juju firewire stack -- that's the controller
>> > in my own laptop, as well as a few other folks here in the office, all
>> > running the new stack.
>>
>> Hmm, can you please check whether you can reproduce the problem with
>> the original stack ?
>
> I get virtually the same message with the old and new stack.

I can confirm that what Martin previously posted in this thread shows
that firewire-ohci + firewire-core and ohci1394 + ieee1394 fail in the
same way:
  - All MMIO reads and writes leading up to chip initialization works,
  - first "self ID complete" interrupt and corresponding MMIO reads and
    DMAs work and lead up to recognition of the local node by the
    firewire/1394 mid layer,
  - a while later the IRQ is disabled with "nobody cared".
IRQ handlers are drivers/firewire/fw-ohci.c::irq_handler() and
drivers/ieee1394/ohci1394.c::ohci_irq_handler().  Both return IRQ_NONE
if readl() on the register which contains the interrupt event type
returns 0 or ~0, which both are impossible values _if_ the chip
generated the interrupt _and_ MMIO reads work.
--
Stefan Richter