Date:	Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:26:14 -0700
From:	"Nish Aravamudan" <nish.aravamudan@...il.com>
To:	"Adrian Bunk" <bunk@...nel.org>
Cc:	wli@...omorphy.com, lethal@...ux-sh.org, linux-sh@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: HugeTLB vs. SH3 cpu

On 4/1/08, Adrian Bunk <bunk@...nel.org> wrote:
> fs/Kconfig says:
>
>  config HUGETLBFS
>         bool "HugeTLB file system support"
>         depends on X86 || IA64 || PPC64 || SPARC64 || (SUPERH && MMU) || BROKEN
>

>  arch/sh/mm/Kconfig says:
>
>  choice
>         prompt "HugeTLB page size"
>         depends on HUGETLB_PAGE && (CPU_SH4 || CPU_SH5) && MMU

So the problem is that SH3 is allowed to enable
HUGETLB_PAGE/HUGETLBFS, but only SH4/5 define the HPAGE_SHIFT macro,
due to some #ifdeffery on the hugepage size. So either the choice
needs to be extended to include CPU_SH3 (which builds here, when
changed) or the HUGETLBFS conditional needs to depend more
specifically on SH4/5 and not just SUPERH. I think the arch maintainer
has to make that call, as I don't know the hardware to say if SH3
actually supports multiple hugepage sizes.

Thanks,
Nish