Date:	Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:46:48 -0700
From:	"Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen)" <sweitzen@...co.com>
To:	"Richard Frank" <richard.frank@...cle.com>,
	"Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen)" <sweitzen@...co.com>
Cc:	"Roland Dreier (rdreier)" <rdreier@...co.com>,
	<rds-devel@....oracle.com>, <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	<general@...ts.openfabrics.org>
Subject: RE: [ofa-general] InfiniBand/iWARP/RDMA merge plans for 2.6.26 (what'sin infiniband.git)

Rich,

On Nov 1, 2007, you wrote this to rds-devel:

  "Netperf is too simplistic in that all it seems to do is stream data
in a
  simple loop. This is not how Oracle uses the IPC and again does not
  reflect what it would take to make UDP reliable.

  For this reason we are not interested in having Netperf support RDS
and
  or seeing Netperf data."

I would like to see RDS supported by existing common tools like netperf,
iperf, etc. so we can easily compare how RDS performs to UDP for IPC
models other than Oracle.

Scott Weitzenkamp
SQA and Release Manager
Data Center Access Engineering