Date:	Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:19:55 +0000 (UTC)
From:	Frederik Himpe <fhimpe@...enet.be>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject:  Re: Audio skipping with 2.6.24.4 and 2.6.25-rc9

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:19:14 -0300, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:

> But in the log you uploaded you have only two se.wait_max greater than
> 40 msecs
>
> [mafra@...alhost:~]$ grep se.wait_max cfs-debug-info-2008.04.12-18.00.20
> |awk '{ {if ($3 > 40.000000) print $3} }' 44.153039
> 50.841370
>
> As these numbers are only a bit greater than 40, I guess your problem is
> not related to the CFS scheduler.
>
> Can you try latencytop? ( www.latencytop.org )

I'm not too sure how I should use latencytop and interpret its results. I
start latencytop, and reproduce the problem while rhythmbox is playing. It
seems that it automatically changes the selected application in the bottom
list after a few seconds, probably based on the CPU usage, where it
selects most of the time either compiz or X. The upper half of latencytop
is always empty, for all applications. In the lower half, it shows for all
applications something like:

Process X (7972)
Scheduler: waiting for cpu     43.5 msec         43.5 msec

Only the times differ between the different processes.

And that's all...

--
Frederik Himpe