Date:	Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:14:22 -0300 (ART)
From:	Luis Sousa <ls.luis_sousa@...oo.com.br>
To:	devzero@....de
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: sata io freeze, 2.6.18 and also 2.6.24 [the real culprit]

Hello,

I did as planned, and I dare to say now, with
relative certainty, that the reason I have had all
these instabilities, including application crashes,
sneaky corrupt backups, and the dreaded freezes
every other day was SMP and HyperThreading not working
properly. Booting with nosmp gives me a stable system.
Booting only with the sata-related arguments had
the system freeze overnight.

Sincerely,
--
Luis Sousa