Date:	Mon, 14 Apr 2008 03:02:05 +0200
From:	Tilman Schmidt <tilman@...p.cc>
To:	Ray Lee <ray-lk@...rabbit.org>
CC:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>, Dave Airlie <airlied@...il.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, pavel@....cz
Subject: Re: [2.6.25-rc6] possible regression: X server dying

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Tilman Schmidt <tilman@...p.cc> wrote:
>> This is still quite elusive. It only happens once every couple of days,
>>  and the only thing that seems to be clear is that it's triggered by a GL
>>  screensaver.

Ok, I think I can now reproduce it, and it does not, in fact, appear
to be kernel related. Specifically, doing:

% /usr/lib/xscreensaver/antspotlight & /usr/lib/xscreensaver/atlantis

in a console window (ie. running *two* GL screensavers in parallel)
reliably kills my X server on kernels 2.6.22.17, 2.6.24.4 and 2.6.25-rc9,
with a backtrace much like the ones I posted. So it seems to be an X server
problem that I just happened to encounter for the first time while trying
out 2.6.25-rc6.

Thanks,
Tilman

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (254 bytes)