Date:	Sun, 20 Apr 2008 00:05:48 +0200
From:	Frans Pop <elendil@...net.nl>
To:	Richard Jonsson <richie@...erworld.net>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Dhaval Giani <dhaval@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>, Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>,
	Srivatsa Vaddagiri <vatsa@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@...llo.nl>
Subject: Re: [rc8] Regression: key repeats and skips in music during compilation

On Saturday 19 April 2008, Richard Jonsson wrote:
> Bisecting this bug is very inefficient, but I've managed to narrow it
> down a bit more.

Hello Richard,

The bug was already traced by me to "sched: fix fair sleepers" (which you
list as well), and this was reverted just before the final 2.6.25 release.

Can you confirm that the issue is fixed for you as well with v2.6.25?

Unfortunately most of the communication about this was done by private
mails, although I did update the bugzilla entry and replied to the
"regressions" mails from Rafael. It's a pity if this has caused you
unnecessary work.

Note that Ingo has just resubmitted the (probably same) patch for 2.6.26
[1], so we're not done with this yet.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/19/166 (see also my reply)