Date:	Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:50:45 +0100
From:	Nick Warne <nick@...sn.org>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Peculiar mouse freeze -> psmouse.c: bad data from KBC

Hi all,

Maybe nothing, but thought I would report.

I run via power-strip/filter/spike protector

Updated to 2.6.25 (via git) yesterday:

2.6.25 #26 Fri Apr 18 07:56:55 BST 200

Module                  Size  Used by
nouveau               154556  1
drm                   136160  2 nouveau

Just now, a bit of thunder in Pompey, England. I was using firefox at
the time mouse froze.  I do run latest firefox cvs, so presumed a
possible ff crash, BUT, mouse was stuck.

I could use ctrl+alt+fn keys to vt, and also alt+n in fluxbox to get
new workspace and carry on in IRC etc..  Keyboard worked fine - mouse
was AWOL though.

One message in logs.

Apr 20 15:13:40 linuxamd kernel: psmouse.c: bad data from KBC - timeout

The mouse all of a sudden worked again after 90 seconds or so...

Ideas?

Nick
--
Free Software Foundation Associate Member 5508