Date:	Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:19:04 +0400
From:	Andrey Panin <pazke@...ke.donpac.ru>
To:	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...nel.org>
Cc:	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>, Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>,
	Alexey Starikovskiy <astarikovskiy@...e.de>,
	tglx@...utronix.de, James.Bottomley@...senPartnership.com,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Status of SGI 320/540 (Visual Workstation) support?

On 112, 04 21, 2008 at 05:10:58PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 08:55:36AM -0400, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> > VISWS is another matter.  It's entirely possible I have the only
> > remaining VISWS in my garage; we have at least not been able to locate
> > another.  Not that we have tried all that hard.
> >
> > If there are no VISWS' left, we should just unload the code.
>
> Googling a bit around 320/540 hardware does not seem to have completely
> vanished from the earth, and there are still people who'd like to
> install Linux on them.
>
> Looking through the archives of the mailing list in MAINTAINERS there
> seem to be some older 2.6 kernels that worked on some Visual
> Workstations, but no indication that recent kernels work.
>
> Andrey, what is the status of recent 2.6 kernels on the SGI 320/540?

Right now it doesn't work, but there is a hope. I recovered my SGI 320
recently and I plan to start hacking kernel on it Real Soon Now.

--
Andrey Panin		| Linux and UNIX system administrator
pazke@...pac.ru		| PGP key: wwwkeys.pgp.net

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)