Date:	Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:01:10 -0700
From:	"Luck, Tony" <tony.luck@...el.com>
To:	"Adrian Bunk" <bunk@...nel.org>
Cc:	<torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>, <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	<linux-ia64@...r.kernel.org>, "Mike Travis" <travis@....com>,
	"Russ Anderson" <rja@....com>
Subject: RE: [2.6 patch] ia64: let NUMA select SMP

> CONFIG_NUMA=y, CONFIG_SMP=n isn't a useful combination, so let NUMA
> select SMP.

Yup.  That looks good.  Means that my allnoconfig will now
have SMP=y though :-(  Root of that is selecting GENERIC,
and I'm not sure there is a better choice.

Doesn't change the need for the patch to delete the #if NUMA
clause inside the SMP=n path though (your patch would make my
build work by forcing SMP=y ... so the build error would go
away ... but that doesn't make it OK to have #if NUMA code
inside the SMP=n clause).

This does make we wonder how much dead code is hidden inside
impossibly nested #ifdefs elsewhere in the kernel.

-Tony