Date:	Fri, 2 May 2008 10:17:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Jörn Engel <joern@...fs.org>
cc:	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>,
	David Woodhouse <dwmw2@...radead.org>,
	Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: LogFS merge

On Fri, 2 May 2008, Jörn Engel wrote:

> not being familiar with either maintaining my own git tree or the -next
> process, I'd still like to get logfs into mainline.  It has gone through
> six rounds of reviews and the last has been mostly about crossing some
> i's here and dotting some t's there.

The thing I'd like to see is:

 - a more recent description of file system layout

   I've read the original paper, and I assume things have changed when
   implementing stuff. They always do.

 - some benchmarks and/or comments about regular usage (ie fragmentation
   etc). Yeah, it doesn't need to be all that extensive, but quite
   frankly, it sounds like this is meant to be at least a partial
   replacement for a GP filesystem (considering that seek/rotational
   delay are going away) and people are working on it with USB memory
   sticks etc, wouldn't it make sense to talk about disk usage (how much
   the GC wants free etc) and everyday performance?

Hmm?

		Linus