Date:	Wed, 7 May 2008 06:21:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:	Alex Dubov <oakad@...oo.com>
To:	Kim Hansen <kimhanse@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, drzeus@...eus.cx
Subject: Re: tifm_7xx1: SD card is ignored

> Unfortunately my machine crashes every hour or so when I run 2.6.25,
> both with the home build kernel and with the Debian kernel, this makes
> it impossible for me to do any real testing. The SD card works on the
> home build kernel, but not on the Debian kernel, I will wait for
> 2.6.25 to become stable for me and then find the difference between
> the two build that prevents the SD card from working on one of them.

As you could guess, I have no idea how's debian kernel different from the stock
one.

> I have also tried to compile 2.6.24 for myself now in order to see if
> the SD would work there, it didn't, but I got a reaction in the dmesg
> now:
>   mmc0: card claims to support voltages below the defined range. These
> will be ignored.
>   mmc0: SDIO card claims to support the incompletely defined 'low
> voltage range'. This will be ignored.
>   mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SDIO card
>
> This might explain what the problem is?
>
> Anyway, thanks for your time, I will just wait a little longer as it
> almost works now,

First, where's debug log? There are plenty of debug messages in the MMC code -
just enable the debug printout and send it to me or Pierre.

Second, I'm not sure the problem is tifm specific, otherwise where's SDIO stuff
comes from?