Date:	Sat, 24 May 2008 00:50:21 +0100
From:	Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@...glemail.com>
To:	"Yinghai Lu" <yhlu.kernel@...il.com>
Cc:	"Bjorn Helgaas" <bjorn.helgaas@...com>, mingo@...e.hu,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: kernel boot hangs after x86: insert_resorce for lapic addr
 after e820_reserve_resources

(Apologies for the delay. I've not had physical access to the box for a
few days.)

On Mon, 19 May 2008 20:22:45 -0700
"Yinghai Lu" <yhlu.kernel@...il.com> wrote:
> >> seems acpi pnp resource cause some problem....
> >>
> >> please try attached patch and send out /proc/mtrr
> >
> > The patch doesn't help I'm afraid.
>
> sorry, please send /proc/iomem

Sorry, I'm getting confused here. I can't send /proc/iomem with the
ram_reserve patch applied since the system won't boot (and it appears
to collide with the original commit, so I can't revert that and apply
the patch to get a booting system). Without the ram_reserve
patch, /proc/iomem is as it was earlier in the discussion.

> can you boot with pnpacpi=off ?

No, that doesn't help either.

Thanks,
--
Ciaran McCreesh

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (198 bytes)