Date:	Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:15:17 +0530
From:	Subrata Modak <subrata@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
To:	ltp-list <ltp-list@...ts.sourceforge.net>,
	linux-kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Matt Helsley <matthltc@...ibm.com>,
	Avantika Mathur <mathur@...ibm.com>,
	Badari Pulavarty <pbadari@...ibm.com>,
	Mingming Cao <cmm@...ibm.com>,
	linux-rt-users <linux-rt-users@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: [LTP] [ANNOUNCE] The Linux Test Project has been Released for MAY
	2008

Dear All,

The Linux Test Project test suite has been released for the month of
MAY 2008. The latest version of the test-suite contains 3000+ tests
for the Linux OS and can be found at
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/.
Latest happenings in LTP can also be found at:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wiki/,
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wikiArchives.php, and,
IRC: irc.freenode.org #ltp.

MAY 2008 Highlights:

* Addition of FILESYSTEM BIND MOUNT tests,
* Addition of 2nd Set of Memory Controller Test Cases,
* Added Default Log File generation capability,
* Stable Release of LTP-DEVEL-2.0.0.0 RPM Packages for
i386,ia64,ppc64,x86_64 & s390x,
* FCNTL LOCKTESTS updates,
* Update to OpenHPI 2.10.2,
* Continuing work for Concurrency fixes,
* Cleanup/Updates to LTP Real Time test cases,

Note(s) from the Maintainer:

Continuing with our endeavor to improve kernel code coverage, we will
see some new test cases getting added to LTP in June 2008. But we would
probably need much much more test cases in LTP to compete the pace of
growing kernel. And this is becoming difficult with each passing day. We
need to address this through multiple efforts, namely:

1) Invest more time in writing new test cases,
2) Searching existing testcases available from various locations, that
can be a potential candidate to add to LTP under GPLv2,
3) Dig out unit test cases from developerÅ› desktop and put it in LTP.

Much of these efforts will also depend on preventing the Linux Testing
community to fragment further, identify areas where all Linux testing
projects can collaborate and complement each otherÅ› importance, and work
together for achieving the ultimate goal to make Linux better.

>>From this release onwards, we will also announce the significant
contribution of this month, which happens to be the File System Bind
Mount tests from Matt Helsley & Avantika Mathur. Thank you. Equally
important has been huge contributions from others in terms of new test
cases and Patches to fix existing test cases.

Our web site also contains other information such as:
- A Linux test tools matrix
- Technical papers
- How To's on Linux testing
- Code coverage analysis tool.

We would encourage the community to post results to
ltp-results@...ts.sf.net,
patches, new tests, bugs or comments/questions to ltp-list@...ts.sf.net,
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=103382
(for New Bug(s)),
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=303382
(for New Patch(s)),
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=353382
(for New Feature Request(s))

Please also see the Change Log Attached (MAY 2008):

Happy testing,
Regards--
Subrata,

View attachment "May-2008_Changelog.txt" of type "text/plain" (51148 bytes)