Date:	Tue, 03 Jun 2008 02:31:13 +0200
From:	Rene Herman <rene.herman@...access.nl>
To:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>
CC:	bjorn.helgaas@...com, torvalds@...ux-foundation.org,
	avuton@...il.com, rene.herman@...il.com, len.brown@...el.com,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, rjw@...k.pl
Subject: Re: 53052feb6 (PNP: remove pnp_mem_flags() as an lvalue) breaks my
 ALSA intel8x0 sound card regression

On 03-06-08 02:03, Andrew Morton wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 01:58:42 +0200
> Rene Herman <rene.herman@...access.nl> wrote:
>
>> On 03-06-08 01:49, Andrew Morton wrote:
>>
>>> This broke
>>> pnp-replace-pnp_resource_table-with-dynamically-allocated-resources.patch:
>> I expect the patch was meant solely for 2.6.26...
>
> Sure.  When this patch
> (pnp-mark-resources-that-conflict-with-pci-devices-disabled.patch) is
> applied to 2.6.26, the for-2.6.27
> pnp-replace-pnp_resource_table-with-dynamically-allocated-resources.patch
> broke, as I described here.

Err, yes, got them mixed up. There are just so many of them -- after .27
Bjorn will have basically rewritten all of PnP...

>> Bjorn, before you repost the option series due to this, wait a minute.
>> Am now looking at/testing 14/15 and see some stuff that needs changing
>> as well.
>
> "the option series" == "PNP: convert resource options to unified
> dynamic list, v1".
>
> I haven't got onto that yet.  Strategic lagginess is working out
> nicely.

My bloody ISA test machine decided to up and die on me during a BIOS
flash. I'm sitting right smack in the middle of huge heap of old ISA
gunk hardware, cases and motherboards here -- and now I have to try and
dig out my bed ... :-(

Rene.