Date:	Wed, 4 Jun 2008 06:50:12 +0200
From:	Rainer Koenig <Rainer.Koenig@...itsu-siemens.com>
To:	Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@...uu.se>
Cc:	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Who can backport the AHCI driver to older kernels

Hi Mikael,

Am Dienstag, 3. Juni 2008 14:07 schrieb Mikael Pettersson:
> Redhat seems to regularly backport the entire libata layer
> to at least 2.6.18 (RHEL5) and maybe also 2.6.9 (RHEL4).

Yes indeed we get perfect support from both Red Hat and SUSE for their
enterprise level distribution. I already got a driver kit for the
SLES10 kernel. The problem is that the targeted market is not willing
to use enterprise level (which means spend money for subscription)
distros. They go for the "free" (as in free beer) distros and suffer
from missing drivers.

Regards
Rainer
--